Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Todesco Art Todesco is offline

Default RiteTemp Home Heat Thermostats ?

Humble Tom wrote:
On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 09:13:01 -0500, "Robert11"
wrote:

Hello:

Will be looking to buy a new heat-only thermostat for the house.

See these RiteTemp brands at Home Depot and elsewhere.

One of their styles seems to fit our needs a bit better than any of
Honeywells.

Do these RiteTemp have a good rep., or should I forget them and go, as
usual, with Honeywell ?

Any other brands that have a good reputation ?

The Honeywell these days seems to be made in Hungary, believe it or not.
All th others, China, of course.

Thanks,
Bob

imho,

I have a honewell, 2stage heating programmible thermastat. It cost
bucks, I love it. Recently I upgraded a simple bimetalic 240v
baseboard to a ritetemp(one with a battery control). It cost very
little bucks, but the job it does is great, it functions as designed,
and for a cheap upgrade, it worked.

So if one low level product is any indication of the whole product
line, I think I will be leaning towards ritetemps in the future.

Just my observations.

tom @ www.FreeCreditCheckGuide.com

The one thing I like about the Honeywell
units is they use a, for lack of
a better term, software anticipator. It
tends to re-adjust from cold outside
temps to warmer outside temps. The old