Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Washer leaking from bottom. Does leveling fix the problem?

Joe wrote:

My washer leaked a litte from underneath this morning. I couldn't see
where it was coming from because it was sealed. I noticed that the
washer wasn't leveled so I propped some would under some of the legs
and made it level. It didn't leak when I tried it again. Is it fixed?
do washers leak when they are not level?

I had a washer, years and years ago, that I thought was leaking.
Repairman said there was no leak underneath and that it just needed a
splash guard - he installed it and that fixed it. Water was splashing
over the top of the tub. I think it might have happened more with lower
loads, but do not remember.

How old a machine is it?