Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Defrost Problem

On Jan 25, 11:58 am, wrote:
I have A GE side by side refrige model GSH22KGMC WW that the defrost
cycle doesn't work . It frosts up after about every 2 weeks and I
manually defrost and all works great. I've looked for a defrost timer
and can't find one in the refrige.. I would like to know if the defrost
timer is part of the primary circuit board accessed from the back of
the refridge? Is the defrost heater and defrost thermostat accesed from
the panel at the rear of the freezer compartment? I assume it is
probably one of these parts and would like to know how to test which is
the problem.
Thanks for the help if someone can.
Garyf

Might try something simple first like vacuuming out all the dust
bunnies from the machinery under the bottom of the fridge. If that
doesn't work, GE has a pretty good parts/service operation, and of
course there's always repairclinic.com and otrher similar sites. Good
luck.

Joe