Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT -- imitation antifreeze

On Jan 25, 11:25 am, krw wrote:
In article ,
says... In article , wrote:

Propylene glycol (RV antifreeze) is safer but not cheaper and it won't
get you that -134 degree protection.

You don't get -134 degree protection from ethylene glycol either.Is -134F protection really needed?? ;-) In any case, even if anti-

freeze freezes it won=3Ft crack a block like water will. Water is
the only material that expands when it freezes.

Are you sure water is the only material? While I agree the vast
majority do shrink, I doubt water is the only one that expands instead.

Anti-freeze
shrinks so it won=3Ft bust a block, as long as you don=3Ft try running
the engine with it frozen (solid antifreeze doesn=3Ft cool well.

--
Keith