Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Electrical wiring questions

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 08:05:09 -0500, "BETA-32"
wrote:

"Toller" wrote in message
news
I suppose I agree with the majority opinion of #2; though neither solution
is elegant.
Just beware that it is alot of wire. If you get into a potential voltage
drop situation, step up the wire size; use #12 for a 15a circuit.

After doing a lot of research, I ended up deciding to use 12/2 wiring
everywhere regardless of whether it's a 15-amp or 20-amp circuit. The
additional cost in materials isn't all that much and since I'm already doing
the work, there's no extra labor involved either way.

14/2 fits in the backstab holes. I know someone who chose it for that
reason.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com