Posted to sci.electronics.repair
distar97 distar97 is offline

Default Dissect capacitor to see if it's the source of a leak?

I for one have grown weary of endless warnings inserted in countless
replies. Do we need
to lecture an adult about taking apart capacitors? Just offer something
constructive about his
question or stay quiet. Maybe he's a teen, so what, this is mild stuff,
not VX. Has anyone here
burned their fingers toying with capacitors as kids? Nothing happened
when I played with them.
And I had enough sense not to rub it in my eyes, and I'll bet if your
curious enough to want to take apart a
capacitor, your smart enough to not eat the stuff.

These constant warnings are distracting and paternalistic. It makes you
look like a helicopter parent, hovering about, quick
to swoop in eliminate any and all perceived hazards, but saying little
about the question.

As a concession, you can require group users to read a safety warning,
"Warning: Advise Offered On This Site
May Be Dangerous" Then we can ponder the questions and stop being
endlessly irritated. Warning: reading this post
make cause extreme mental fusing, if so, seek professional counseling,
just don't complain here.