Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Hodges Chris Hodges is offline

Default Acoustic Trickle Vents?

Dave Fawthrop wrote:
On 25 Jan 2007 04:43:44 -0800, "sm_jamieson"
wrote:

|On 25 Jan, 12:52, wrote:
| .Fill 'em up with squirty foam, and just remember to open the window for
| a few minutes every morning to let the bed air.Thought of that one already but I'd like a less severe solution! I
| tried filling them with normal foam and it helped a bit- maybe I just
| need better quality.
|
| Surely there must be something on the market other than greenland for
| this!
|
| thanks
|
| DNW
|
|I will be speccing some windows soon for a new extension.
|Is it true that if I have windows that can be locked slightly open,
|then I don't have to have these type of trickle vents, that let noise
|through ?

Yes! Normal double glazed windows have the *facility* to be locked totally
closed or slightly open. IMO much better than trickle vents.

That's what we had in our last place. Much better than trickle vents
from a noise point of view, also give you more ventilation when "open".
Not so good for security though, unless on an extremely small, high up
window and you lock them and any other opening panes with a key.

--
Spamtrap in use
To email replace 127.0.0.1 with btinternet dot com