Posted to alt.home.repair
Everett M. Greene Everett M. Greene is offline

Default What does the water company charge you for?

(Doug Miller) writes:
"charlie" wrote:

but couldn't you state that about EVERY project in the usa that
received (receives) federal funds?

Of course. No doubt you're paying for part of the costs of water delivery in
Indianapolis, too (though not mine specifically, because I'm on a private
well).

are you advocating that there be no
federal money paid for infrastructure in any state?

Yes -- unless it's for a purpose authorized by the Constitution.
Building dams in Arizona, and forcing the people of Hawaii,
Indiana, Alabama, and Maine to pay them goes quite a bit beyond
the legitimate authority of the Federal government.

Careful there, boy, or you won't have any winter fruits
and veggies from California.

how much of my
taxes went into providing the interstate road system

Interestingly enough, that's one of the (few) purposes
that *is* specifically authorized by the Constitution.

and water system of your state?

Probably not too much. Indiana isn't in the middle of a desert. We have plenty
of water here, and we don't have to build extensive systems of canals,
aqueducts, and underground storage reservoirs to get water for drinking. Here
in the midwest, we don't build dams across rivers in order to have drinking
water. We build them for flood control -- in short, because we have _too_much_
water, instead of not enough.

A major reason for building Hoover dam was flood control.
Look up the history of the Salton Sea.