Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeffy3 Jeffy3 is offline

Default NEW INFO Need Help: Contents of Refrigerator Frozen Upon Return from Weekend Away

On Jan 24, 9:10 am, "Jeffy3" wrote:
On Jan 24, 8:45 am, "Stormin Mormon"

wrote:
Sounds correct, to me. Very often, companies call it a "cold
control" instead of using the word thermostat.Guy came out Tuesday morning and said it needs a new thermostat but

can't get the part and do it untiL Thursday. Said we're lucky our
problem is freezing as opposed to no cold air at all!

Getting this second hand through my wife, but the repair guy came today
to replace the thermostat and said when he unhooked the old one from
the main harness (or something like that), the fans and everything are
continuing to run which he said shouldn't happen, meaning the problem
is worse than just a thermostat and is probably some kind of short
running through the unit. Does this make sense to anyone? According
to him he wouldn't be able to fix it and we need to get a new refrig.