Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Redelfs Jim Redelfs is offline

Default Telephone will not dial out--the kind of phone with no AC power

In article , DK
wrote:

You do know that the phone company must supply power to the phone
lines for running the old phones don't you?

It's required for NEW phones, too. It's called "dial tone" or "battery".

It is obvious that you are suffering a
power shortage on your phone line

A "power shortage", eh? I knew it. We need a new government bureaucracy to
address our dependence on FOREIGN DIALTONE. sigh

you can ask the phone company to provide the
proper power to your phone lines.

Say what? ...as if there's a master potentiometer out there somewhere.

Some of your 'powered' phones are masking your line problem.

Who WAS that masked phone?
--

JR

Climb poles and dig holes