Posted to sci.electronics.repair
default default is offline

Default Most Common Problem With Floppy Disk Drives

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 00:02:28 GMT, Steven Stone
wrote:

In article ,
says...
|On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 12:36:05 GMT, (Brad) wrote:
|
|Hi,
|
| I have three computers that developed problems with reading floppy disks.

A user who is a smoker can really gum up the works, as well as dust and
dirt. Contrary to popular belief of the masses, non moving electronics
components do wear out with time, especially capacitors.

A smoker can be SOL with CDRW too. Coats the lens inside the CDRW,
probably coats everything but leaves a visible film on the lens. Q
tip and alcohol will fix that.