Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Acoustic Trickle Vents?

wrote:
On 25 Jan,
Huge wrote:

On 2007-01-25, sm_jamieson wrote:

I will be speccing some windows soon for a new extension. Is it true that
if I have windows that can be locked slightly open, then I don't have to
have these type of trickle vents, that let noise through ?

I believe so. The windows I've had fitted recently are certainly like this.

Doesn't this change shortly (April??)(for new builds at least), requiring
trickle vents.

I do not believe there is or ever will be any requiremnt for tfkle
bvents IN WINDOWS, per se.

The requirement is for secure background ventilation.

You can have a 4" stove pipe to the roof as far as I can tell, and it
counts..