Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default Powder Or Ready Mixed?

"John Rumm" wrote in message
John wrote:

I have asked a couple of questions on here regarding me doing a en-suite
refurb for a neighbour, thanks for the answer guys (and galls). I am
about to start grouting it all up and my question is ready mixed or
powder? On

Personally I always go for powder, and just mix until I arrive at the
consistency I want.

That's what I do but always have to put more water in than instructed.

the few occasions I have tiled my own rooms (kitchen, bathroom and
en-suite) I have always used powder. My problem is if I follow the
instruction regarding quantities of powder to water then the mixture is
ALWAYS far too dry to use and not the required creamy consistency. I
always have to add a

Have you been measuring by volume or weight?

Volume, but as stated in my OP the Unibond bag says 4:1 (volume) but also
3Kg Grout to 750ml water.

Cheers

John