Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default immersion heater fault or economy heater fault

On 25 Jan 2007 06:15:11 -0800 someone who may be "bigbadbade"
wrote this:-

fitted complete with a 3kw Resettable Long Life Immersion Heater 27"
incalloy type [snip]

OR is there something I need to reset on the IH - If so what and how.

The immersion heater should have come with instructions on how to
reset the (new fangled, resettable) thermostat.

After checking that, you need to follow the cabling with a suitable
meter (or other test instrument), testing where the electricity gets
to. Eventually you should find somewhere it should have got to that
it doesn't. Beware that if the neutral is broken somewhere then you
may have the supply voltage on the neutral conductor.

To test the off peak supply you need to do this at the appropriate
time, early in the morning.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh