Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Brian is offline

Default Mermaid shower panels or an alternative ?

From the search function it looks like the last post on this was quite
awhile ago so I hope you don't mind if I ask again on a similar theme.
We are thinking of using Mermaid panels in a quadrant shower enclosure.
Is the opinion still the same regarding quality- Mermaid are a good
product ?
And how do they actually fasten to the wall ? The old tiles will be
removed so it's likely that it will be somewhat 'rough'. Are mermaid
glued to the wall and then have the edging and corner trims clicked in
+ sealant, to make it watertight. The panel would be a 900mm size. The
walls are not square to each other either ( old cottage) .

Is there an alternative to compare them to, another manufacturer ?

Thanks

Brian