Posted to alt.home.repair
Deepak Deepak is offline

Default Replace Natural Gas Forced Air Central Furnace

I need to replace my natural gas forced air central furnace. I live in
Scarsdale, NY. My furnace is 20 years old. The contractor we are
speaking to wants to install one of the two furnaces below for a total
charge of $3,300 [including labor and 1 year service contract]. I
don't trust this contractor because he originally quoted us a price of
$5,300 and reduced it to $3,300 when he heard a competitor would do the
job for $3,500. Should I trust this guy? Do you know of anyone in New
York who can do the job for less?

$3,300
Bryant Model 310, 312
Seer Tempstar Gas Carrier

I also want to replace my air conditioning unit. The same man quoted
me a price of $4,900 for parts, labor and 1 year service.