Posted to alt.home.repair
krw krw is offline

Default What does the water company charge you for?

In article ,
says...
In article .com, "charlie" wrote:

but couldn't you state that about EVERY project in the usa that
received (receives) federal funds?

Of course. No doubt you're paying for part of the costs of water delivery in
Indianapolis, too (though not mine specifically, because I'm on a private
well).

are you advocating that there be no
federal money paid for infrastructure in any state?

Yes -- unless it's for a purpose authorized by the Constitution. Building dams
in Arizona, and forcing the people of Hawaii, Indiana, Alabama, and Maine to
pay them goes quite a bit beyond the legitimate authority of the Federal
government.

how much of my
taxes went into providing the interstate road system

Interestingly enough, that's one of the (few) purposes that *is* specifically
authorized by the Constitution.

snip

we in arizona are paying for the trains
in la and dc, along with the levees in la, the airports in every state,

Yep, and so are we -- and we shouldn't be.

the highways in every state, etc.

Again, *that* one is specifically authorized by the Constitution. You might
stretch that point for rail and air as well, because the authorization for
building roads is specifically for the purpose of carrying the mail.

"Post roads", sure. I think you can make a pretty good case for
the others with the "interstate commerce" clause.

--
Keith