Posted to alt.home.repair
Zu Zu is offline

Default kitchen refacing

Michael wrote:
Hi
I have many years old formica-covered kitchen cabinets and as old
countertop.
Everything is 100 functional but.. aestetically challenging.
I'm planning to sell the house.
My options are (please correct me if I am wrong).
1. Replace this kitchen with new one (Ikea?). Not exactly within my
budget.
2. Repaint it. I doubt it may be done in decent manner.
3. Have it professionally refaced.

I am leaning toward #3.
Here are the questions for experts.
1. What am I looking at $$-wise? Ball park. I want nothing fancy, the
kitchen cabinets are ~14' total length. Laminate countertop.
2. Can anybody recommend cabinets-refinishing company in Boston, MA
(USA) area?
Thank you!
Michael
You can reply directly to: . Make sure to remove 5423

If you're selling the house I believe you won't see a return on this
investment. I believe kitchens, bath, and siding are close in that the
property value increases approximately the same as the renovation cost,
but usually you're better off just asking less on the price. Just my 2
cents.