Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Bedroom without closet- options and alternatives?

Think about shopping antique malls and barns.

We received an armoire from my grandmother-in-law that is 3+ ft deep,
10 ft long and 7 ft tall. It consists 3 separate areas - 2 "closets"
for hanging clothes on each end and a 5 shelf storage area in the
middle, each with it's own door. It is a massive, solid wood knockdown
unit from the early 1900's. It's a beauty!

Perhaps you could find an antique that will fit your needs.

On 24 Jan, 13:59, wrote:
I have a bedroom in my house, approx 12x12 that doesn't have a closet.
It's also not large.

I found an ikea wardrobe that fit across one wall perfectly- approx 18
in deep and 6 ft wide. But the particle board shattered when I stood
it up. Say what you will, but no ikea product collapsed like that for
me before. the screws just popped the particle board right out like it
was made of potato chips.

So Ikea is out, but I cannot find a similar retailer who has a wide
wardrobe/armoire/storage type product. All the wardrobes I find are
"entertainment centers."

I've got recommendations for installing kitchen cabinetry, but has
anyone done something similar or have recommendations for non-permanent
closets in a small space?

I am having trouble finding online resources for this problem.

thanks!

Don