Posted to alt.home.repair
avid_hiker avid_hiker is offline

Default DVR probs

Most everyone I know with a cable box of some sort has had a problem and it
was corrected by pulling the plug for a few minutes. Very common with
various models and brands, it seems. I bet pullin the plug and "rebooting" would have fixed the no signal

thing too then,,the dishes were fine,,never touched before,during or
after..I have no intention of rebooting this thing once a month,,that's
an inherant problem I do'nt want or deserve,,one more time within the
next 10 months and that's it,,it'll go back for refund or
replacement..

You might want to at least check for any updates once in a while. I
believe pulling the plug and rebooting, actually then updates the
system with the latest update. Again, I dont have a DVR, but check your
messages, if any, to see if there is an update available once in
awhile. Take care,

Dean