Posted to alt.home.repair

Default gas furnace register temperature question

wrote in message

The house is warm enough to suit me, but there is a 7 degree difference
in temperature from the living room to other rooms in the house (72 vs
65). One of the registers in the living room is completely dampered
off, and the other one is wide open now, but damping that one doesn't
seem to make much difference. Living room is right over top of the
furnace and main plenum, so I expect some heat transfer happening there.

One of the trick to a good hot air system is balancing the flow by opening
and closing registers. You may have to play around a bit to get exactly
what you want. We intentionally keep bedrooms cooler, no added heat in the
kitchen, etc. What works for us may not for you so experiment.

Blower speed is a factor also. Some keep the blower on constantly at a low
speed claiming more even temperatures.