Posted to alt.home.repair
charlie charlie is offline

Default What does the water company charge you for?

On Jan 24, 6:01 am, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article , krw wrote:
It's my understanding (I live 2k mi. from AZ) that Phoenix gets
their water from underground,

Your understanding is incorrect.http://phoenix.gov/WATER/wtr100intro.html

not the Rio Grande and has plenty
more where that came form.I'd be astonished if Phoenix gets any water at all from the Rio Grande, since:

a) the city has an extensive system of canals and aqueducts from the Verde,
Salt, and Gila Rivers, all of which are _right_there_, and

b) the Rio Grande is nearly five hundred miles to the east.

And, no, there's not "plenty more". What part of "in the desert" do you have
such a hard time understanding?

--
Regards,

well, both of you are not completely right, but keith is way more
wrong.

a good deal of phoenix water currently comes from stored lakes, both
underground aquifers and surface lakes, snow pack from further north in
arizona and in colorado. furthermore, a good deal of phoenix (and other
southwestern cities) water comes from the colorado river via the
central arizona project canal, which is uphill. the rio grande would be
downhill, by a good deal, and much further away.

regards,
charlie
cave creek, az