Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Repairing large holes in drywall

On 24 Jan 2007 09:03:22 -0800, "The Reverend Natural Light"
wrote:

This comes from someone who I imagine has punched more than his fair
share of holes in walls so trust the advice.

I used to date a girl whose ex-husgband had knocked holes in the wall.
Fortunately for me, I didn't feel qualified to patch sheetrock in
those days. And just as well because I found out how she made him so
angry.

He told me he hit the wall because he didn't want to hit her. (Usually
with a doorknob. For some reaosn door stops hadn't been installed on
their brand new house yet, and the doorknob would go into the wall
when he was mad.

You'd still support the patch from the back side like everyone else
recommends. This is just cosmetic.