Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop Dave Fawthrop is offline

Default Acoustic Trickle Vents?

http://www.greenwood.co.uk/data/DN%2...ta%20sheet.pdf) which
|unfortunately doesn't come in the size I need.
|
|Can anyone suggest any others?

Just to mention that ventilation without transmitting noise *can* be done.
I was once involved with a 1 ft sq ventilation duct built like a car or gun
silencer http://www.kwik-fit.com/how-exhausts-work.asp. It reduced the
noise level from well over 100db inside to maybe 50db outside, a public
space. Hate to think how much that cost.

Maybe a large bore gun silencer would work, or I found this
http://lanephillips.net/projects/silencer/
which would probably work, if made out of durable materials.