Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Telephone will not dial out--the kind of phone with no AC power

On 23 Jan 2007 20:27:22 -0800, wrote:

[snip]

I remember in the early '60's touring a central office. I do remember
banks of batteries waiting for the day they'd power the system. Even
then, there was a crew of old timers who communicated with these
batteries and kept them charged. I doubt such skills exist today.

I got to see a CO when I was in college. They said many of the
batteries came out of submarines.

[snip]
--
Mark Lloyd