Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Contents of Refrigerator Frozen Upon Return from Weekend Away

Sounds correct, to me. Very often, companies call it a "cold
control" instead of using the word thermostat.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Jeffy3" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am assuming a thermostadt problem? We have a standard

refrigerator,
about 10 years-old, with the freezer
on top and an icemaker.
Several months ago we had a problem where the freezer was

working fine
but the refrigerator was warm. Our service guy replaced the

defrost
timer (I believe that's what he called it) and everything's

been fine.
He stated that you're lucky to get ten years out of a
refrigerator these days. I thought that was kind of odd, too.
Now a few months later we go away for the weekend and come back

to the
contents of the refrigerator being frozen solid (all liquids,

etc).
We have the dial on 3 out of 5. Am I to assume the thermostadt

is the
culprit?