Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default OT -- imitation antifreeze

In article , mm wrote:

I have a leak in the radiator, and until I can get a replacement and
have weather above 40 or 45 to put it in, it's just often enough below
freezing here that I can't just keep refilling with water. But for
money and environmental reasons, I don't want keep using ethylene
glycol.

Go to an auto parts store and get yourself a bottle of Bars Leaks. Use
according to the directions. If the leak is big enough that Bars Leaks won't
stop it, then you need to either replace the radiator or get the leak
soldered. Anything else you do short of that is just ****ing money away.

--
Regards,