Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default What does the water company charge you for?

In article , krw wrote:

It's my understanding (I live 2k mi. from AZ) that Phoenix gets
their water from underground,

Your understanding is incorrect.
http://phoenix.gov/WATER/wtr100intro.html

not the Rio Grande and has plenty
more where that came form.

I'd be astonished if Phoenix gets any water at all from the Rio Grande, since:

a) the city has an extensive system of canals and aqueducts from the Verde,
Salt, and Gila Rivers, all of which are _right_there_, and

b) the Rio Grande is nearly five hundred miles to the east.

And, no, there's not "plenty more". What part of "in the desert" do you have
such a hard time understanding?

--
Regards,