Posted to rec.woodworking
George George is offline

Default Delta bandsaw motor replacement

"The Cross-eyed Barber" wrote in message
I'm starting to wonder if it is a start/run configuration. Not sure.
Yes, I can give it a hand start and seems to run ok, but does seem
weak. Not sure of this because I have no experience with band saw
other than this one. I took the motor apart and did not find any kind
of switch. The wires from the capaciter join right into the bundle
with the wires from the cord. I think I'll just save up and buy a new
band saw.

Sounds like a PSC configuration. It would be a good application for it.

Not that I'd chase the problem, but rather start shopping 14" saws.