Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel Doctor Drivel is offline

Default Recommendations for a combi boiler

"Tony Bryer" wrote in message
On 24 Jan 2007 06:08:20 -0800 wrote :
Just a few point I have extracted from the Guardian and the last
one is from a debate in the Caledonian Council where the
responsible Minister is answering a question from RedSheeri.

This sounds like something from the last century. Some early
condensing boilers (q.v. Potterton Envoy, introduced 1995) were bad
news; the newer side and downfiring ones from suppliers such as
Vaillant and Worcester are fine - my Vaillant-designed Glow-worm has
run for 3 years without any attention. Condensing boilers don't now
carry any real price premium. And Band D boilers have been outlawed
in all but a few cases for nearly two years.

Good designed condensing boilers don't require cleaning as the condensate
washes down the heat exchanger.