Posted to misc.consumers.house
Tim Smith Tim Smith is offline

Default Is it a good time to buy a house?

In article .com,
"MQ" wrote:
Last month I told my wife I was sick of wasting money on the monthly
rent, so we planned to buy a house this year. But my friend told me
it's not a good time since the interest rate is still high. He showed
me the market and some indicators http://StockQ.org/

I would think that it would be mortgage interest rates that would be
most relevant, not assorted stock market indexes. Here are some charts
of recent and historical mortgage interest rates:

http://mortgage-x.com/trends.htm

Based on that, rates are looking pretty good now. (It's housing prices
that are annoying. In my area, everything is about 2.5x what it was 3
years ago).

--
--Tim Smith