Posted to alt.home.repair
Rich256 Rich256 is offline

Default What does the water company charge you for?

krw wrote:
In article nuzth.452225$Fi1.215799@bgtnsc05-
news.ops.worldnet.att.net, says...
krw wrote:
In article ,
says...
In article 6Itth.26908$gS1.6754@trndny01, yourname wrote:

which is why all residential irrigation ought to be outlawed. Which it
is getting pretty close to in LV I understand. Stupid ass waste of
drinking water. SHHH, don't tell my wife...
Not just residential irrigation, either. On a business trip to Phoenix some
ten or twelve years ago, I was appalled to see from the air all the swimming
pools, lush lawns, and heavily irrigated golf courses. Once on the ground and
headed to my meetings, what do I see in the plaza at the Phoenix civic center,
but this fountain:
It's my understanding (I live 2k mi. from AZ) that Phoenix gets
their water from underground, not the Rio Grande and has plenty
more where that came form.

snip

And they are required by law to use renewable water resources. Not just
dump their waste into the river and let the next city downstream take
care of it.

Didn't see anyone talking abut waste in this thread...

So? What should be done with the water? Let it flow into the ocean?

It isn't being used up. If you are depriving someone downstream of
drinking water that is something else. But if you can recycle and use
it for your pleasure I really can't see anything wrong with that.

Not like burning up several gallons of gasoline to drive to a beach.

Los Angeles brings water hundreds of miles and when it has been cleaned
up it dumps it into the ocean. Same with most sea side cities. That
seems to me to be a waste.