Posted to uk.d-i-y
DJC DJC is offline

Default Levelling a floor

wrote:
I've just moved into an old flat that has been subject to some movement
in the past. As a result, there is a fairly significant slope in one of
the rooms. I've not properly measured the slope, but it equates to a
height drop of a couple of inches over a metre or so.

Does it matter? My 200 year old flat has a notable slope to the floor,
part due to age, the heavily used area by the door, and probably because
the whole terrace has probably drifted down toward the metropolitan line
cutting. I simply put 1.5 inch blocks under the front of a wardrobe to
maintain it upright and aligned with the wall.

--
djc