Posted to alt.home.repair
Dean Dean is offline

Default DVR probs

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Dean" wrote in message
ups.com...
Finally I pulled the
power cord from the back and replaced it 30sec later..It went through
10-15 min downloading and seems to be working now..Looks like I'll have
to redo My favorites lists..
Is this a prob with My unit or with Direct TVs signals from the
company? Anybody had similar probs?

Most everyone I know with a cable box of some sort has had a problem and it
was corrected by pulling the plug for a few minutes. Very common with
various models and brands, it seems.

I bet pullin the plug and "rebooting" would have fixed the no signal
thing too then,,the dishes were fine,,never touched before,during or
after..I have no intention of rebooting this thing once a month,,that's
an inherant problem I do'nt want or deserve,,one more time within the
next 10 months and that's it,,it'll go back for refund or
replacement..When Ya buy something new it should perform like new,,,not
mess with Ya in the morning before Yer coffee!!LOL.. Speaking of
coffee,,,tried that Folgers Cinnamon Swirl yet? Do'nt bother,,it tastes
like they dipped into a slurry pit for the flavoring..
Thanks again group,,damn good bunch here,,top o the line..