Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default What does the water company charge you for?

In article 6Itth.26908$gS1.6754@trndny01, yourname wrote:

which is why all residential irrigation ought to be outlawed. Which it
is getting pretty close to in LV I understand. Stupid ass waste of
drinking water. SHHH, don't tell my wife...

Not just residential irrigation, either. On a business trip to Phoenix some
ten or twelve years ago, I was appalled to see from the air all the swimming
pools, lush lawns, and heavily irrigated golf courses. Once on the ground and
headed to my meetings, what do I see in the plaza at the Phoenix civic center,
but this fountain:

http://tinyurl.com/38y86m

There might be a few fountains in the world that are more efficient at
evaporating water than that one, but not many, I'll wager. Especially in that
climate.

Then, about my third day there, the local paper had a big article about a new
business that was coming to the area just north of Phoenix -- all excited
about the several hundred jobs it would provide. The business? A fish farm.

These people just don't understand that they're living in a desert.

Helloooo! Reality check time! Deserts aren't supposed to be green and wet. If
you want swimming pools, and green lawns and golf courses, then move to
some place that has plenty of water.

--
Regards,