Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Homer J Simpson Homer J Simpson is offline

Default DVD Recorder

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

However, many home DVD recorders for TV programmes employ exactly the same
IDE drives from the same manufacturers, but when they put them into their
products, suddenly, they die like flies. This implies that it is either
something to do with the software platform that they are running on, or
the power supply. I wonder if anyone else has a feeling on this, as it is
something which has puzzled me for a couple of years now.

The thought is that they suffer from heat problems. I had a recorder for a
while - discs came out 'red hot'. Some recommend rigging a fan to blow air
through the unit.

--
..
..