Posted to rec.woodworking
NuWaveDave NuWaveDave is offline

Default OT - Neighbor borrows tools and doesn't bring back

"Swingman" wrote in message

Not a bad way to be raised, and although I didn't always appreciate it
when
"we" were doing the cleanup/sharpening/painting, I thoroughly appreciate
the
response it instilled with regards to borrowing tools ... Thanks, Dad!

I had to start buying my own tools as a young adult to understand why my
dad would get so ****ed when me or my mother or one of my brothers failed to
put one of his tools back. Unless he found it rusting in the backyard, he
never discovered it until he had need for that particular tool.
For years now I've been fighting the same battle with my wife and my 21
year old (who I [often] think doesn't know which end of a screwdriver to
hold.
Paybacks are hell.
--
NuWave Dave in Houston