Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Energy saving question

Phil L wrote:
TMC wrote:
Hi all

I don't really understand why the M1 is lit all of the way from
London to Northampton but then only at some junctions from then on.
Is it because commuters can't drive in the dark?

Why not switch all of the lights off apart from at major junctions to
save energy?

If the government thought there was any benifit in doing this, they would
have done it,

Hahah!! can I quote you on that.

What you meant WAS

"If teh government thought there was any benefit in dioiung tjis, in
terms of winning teh next election, trhey would have done it"

Spending other peoples money to pander to the road safety lobby for no
gain is standard Nu Laber rule #13.

there isn't so they haven't, unless you believe all the
bull**** about global warming, this is a natural trend and the govt have
seized on it as a way of making money, when in reality, there's feck all we
can or can't do as a species to change it one iota.
So saving energy doesn't really enter the equation I'm afraid....I doubt
that the 24/7 power stations which can't really be 'switched off' would stay
open at all if this were adopted nationally