Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default OT Energy saving question

David Hansen wrote:
On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 16:52:30 GMT someone who may be "Phil L"
wrote this:-

If the government thought there was any benifit in doing this, they
would have done it, there isn't so they haven't, unless you believe
all the bull**** about global warming, this is a natural trend and
the govt have seized on it as a way of making money, when in
reality, there's feck all we can or can't do as a species to change
it one iota.

Ah, proof by assertion.

I think I'll take the view of those who understand the subject
deeply, thank you.

Don't mention it.

But who / what caused the last global warming which melted all the ice after
the ice age? - or the other thirty or forty ice ages previous to that? -
many scientists are now saying that it's part of a warming trend - something
the earth goes through regularly, followed by a cooling trend (ice age), and
Britain has been a desert, a jungle, a warm tropical lagoon and been under a
mile of ice on numerous occasions over the eons, there's no reason to
believe that just because we can now measure this occuring that we have
caused it, nor can we cause it to stop, just go with the flow, at least it's
going to get warmer before it gets nippy, very nippy, for a few thousand
years