Posted to alt.home.repair
avid_hiker avid_hiker is offline

Default garage door weather stripping

Balderdash wrote:
I painted my garage door and got all kinds of paint on the outdoor
weather striping. Now the door sticks to the rubber weather stripping
because it has latex paint on it.
I've tried wd40 and vaseline and nothing makes the door not stick to
the weather stripping.

Any other ideas or am I stuck replacing the weather stripping?
Thanks.

I found " Mr. Clean" to work very well in cleaning just about
everythin. It even took the surface rust off of chrome, paint off of
brushes, etc etc etc. Worth a shot.....or paint thinner, find a small
bottle of this in any craft, oil painting, department. :-)