Posted to alt.home.repair
jerryl jerryl is offline

Default DVR probs

"Dean" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a new DVR from Direct TV,,2 months old..In that time I lost
signal for 3 days once and now this morning it would'nt turn on with
remote or at the unit but it felt warm on top..Finally I pulled the
power cord from the back and replaced it 30sec later..It went through
10-15 min downloading and seems to be working now..Looks like I'll have
to redo My favorites lists..
Is this a prob with My unit or with Direct TVs signals from the
company? Anybody had similar probs? If They are trying to pawn-off a
defective unit on Me I'm gonna rip Them a new one!! I was patient for
the 3 days and just lived without it but I think I used-up My patience
limit for Them then..Just want to check with Others before I go off on
DTV..*grin*..There might be a reasonable explanation...TY..
Dean

You said you lost signal for 3 days. Did you lost signal on all your other
boxes or just the DVR? If you lost signal on all it's common to have to
remove the AC plug for 30 seconds and then reboot. If the other boxes
worked, you have a defective DVR.