Posted to alt.home.repair
Dean Dean is offline

Default DVR probs

wrote:
I now shut off the sat box also when I turn the TV off. Before I was
just shutting the TV off, and leaving the sat box on 24/7. No wonder it
overheated :-) Might you be leaving the box on 24/7 also?

really they are still on 24/7 with the exception of the modulator that
outputs a picture.

good point about overheating boxes MUST be in free air not stacked up
in a entertainment center

It sits on an unplugged dual cassette deck and nothing on top of it..I
think calling customer service is the right idea..If the stupid thing
overheats now I suppose it will come Summer too! The only vent holes
are on the bottom and not many there! I still have My old reciever
without DVR,,I have'nt used the DVR function much,,maybe I'll just see
about activating the old one and let DTV come get Their new junk and
re-imburse Me the $100 as credit for the next 2 months..Thanks All