Posted to alt.home.repair
avid_hiker avid_hiker is offline

Default DVR probs

Dean wrote:
I have a new DVR from Direct TV,,2 months old..In that time I lost
signal for 3 days once and now this morning it would'nt turn on with
remote or at the unit but it felt warm on top..Finally I pulled the
power cord from the back and replaced it 30sec later..It went through
10-15 min downloading and seems to be working now..Looks like I'll have
to redo My favorites lists..

I too have Direct TV, but not DVR. But with the basic sat box......my
box, after about a year or so, started to do the same......had to power
the box off, then back on a few minutes later. I have came to the
conclusion that the box overheats, and when it does..........loses its
know how.....and a new download is nessesary.

I now shut off the sat box also when I turn the TV off. Before I was
just shutting the TV off, and leaving the sat box on 24/7. No wonder it
overheated :-) Might you be leaving the box on 24/7 also?