Posted to alt.home.repair
jart ames jart ames is offline

Default No clean cuts on kitchen granite?

ANSWERS BELOW

"# Fred #" wrote in message
. ..
| No matter how high end the kitchens are, I've not seen a clean on site
cut
| on a kitchen granite top yet including the ones in the granite
showrooms. If
| you look at the mating edges where two granite slabs are butted
together,
| you will see a gap of about 1/16" and the cut on the granite surface
with
| thousands of small micro chips down the cut. In contrast, the factory
cuts
| are so smooth and nearly invisible.

the 1/16" gap is for the epoxy.
seems when color matched with the granite are virtually invisible.
the trick is to use different colors from the granite and mix into the
epoxy (NOT clear silicone)
then scraped with a new razor blabe, flush with granite top.
then polished.

otherwise it is done WRONG.

| So why can't the best pros do a clean cut in the field?

who says we can't?
you......................hahahahahahaha

Could it be done in the field?

yes it can