Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Testing Telephone Cable

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 14:40:28 -0000 someone who may be "TheScullster"
wrote this:-

I have a second telephone cable run from the master box in the downstairs
hallway, all the way to my distribution point in the loft. [snip]

So, the question, can I test the cable somehow to make sure its OK?

Test it for continuity using a battery powered DC meter. If such
cables are unbroken then they will generally carry a signal. Test
all the pairs and if they are all sound and you have problems
sending the ADSL signal over one pair try another pair.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh