Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default DVD Recorder

"UCLAN" wrote in message
Arfa Daily wrote:

Can you buy an HDD recorder that doesn't require a monthly fee to Tivo or
the like? I just don't like the idea of being beholden to someone for
whatever amount a month.

Yes indeedy. There are many makes and models with regular tuners for
terrestrial and cable transmissions. Just Google on " HDD recorder ". I'm
sure that you will find many in your locality.

Still waiting for a DUAL TUNER HDD that isn't a Tivo.

I'm not sure how far free-to-air digital transmissions have come so far in
the States. Over here in the UK, there are now four systems running in
parallel - original UHF analogue, cable ( both analogue and digital ),
digital satellite and UHF digital free-to-air terrestrial. Many of the HDD
recorders here have dual tuners for UHF analogue and the 'Freeview' digital
terrestrial service, which in theory, can be received with your existing
antenna system ( Ha! ) Many TV sets also have similar dual tuner systems,
but inputs to both are not always available via seperate antenna sockets on
the back ( back to " you can use your existing antenna !! " ) They are soon
to start switching off the analogue service here, region by region. What's
the situation over there ?

Arfa