Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] mike.j.harvey@gmail.com is offline

Default Color Return feature on Sony & Dell Trinitron monitors

David Nebenzahl wrote:

Thanks for posting this. (I'm the one who asked about this feature in a
thread up above; did you post this in response?)

This feature works exactly as you described. And in my case, it resulted
in the "return" to normal color in a monitor (Dell) that looked like
hell (low contrast) when I got it. So I'm guessing it's got a few more
years left on it.

Yes, I did. I know I was a bit snippy before in the other thread, but,
hey, I've annoyed people on usenet myself. Some people can be very
patronizing, as you found. I thought about it and decided to do a bit
of Googling (curiosity got the better of me). I had an Iiyama monitor
with a Trinitron that was replaced when it was 10 years old, and it did
look a bit bleary next to a brand new LCD monitor. It predated the
color return feature. If you can live with the visible stabilising
wires (They bothered me for about a week) and you have the desk space
they are nice bits of kit I think.