Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Russ Russ is offline

Default Powersupply testing

I have a electronic load powersupply tester and was wondering how you
go about setting it up? For a computer powersupply how would you set
it. Do you set the resistance and for how much? How do you figure
this out. Just measure the inputs on the computer? Does that give
you a correct value? I need to set a 5 volt, 12 volt and 3.3 volt.
Also do you set the amps or watts? So if it says 5 volts 12 amps. I
just need to figure the resistance? and then set it for 12 amps? do I
need to set the watts? Not much in the manual. They assume people
know what they are doing. Also,

I have this powersupply that sometimes doesn't come on and sometimes
does. If it isn't the solder joints how do you track this down?
Anything in particular thing that determines what turns on the PS. It
has a red LED and it will work a few times then not work. I take it to
my bench and it comes on after turning the power on and off and
waiting.

Thanks
Uriah