Posted to rec.woodworking
paul paul is offline

Default Bleaching

thank you all for yoyr comments.

I did try many paels before committing myself , boiled linseed ,
finishing oil , drew out the grain brown , danish oil was slightly
black , white shellac and a gilp , the raw linseed as you say was a
slightly yellow but didn't draw out the brown as much, the problem I
had was a panel or two looked ok but the kitchen has base and wall
units and this is quite a large area with quite a range of colours , I
have sanded out as best I can very difficult to see any now but I can
feel that the sandpaper is cutting dry wood , I am rying to even things
out now and hopefully start again , I have used oxcilic on green oak (
wet plaster ) but have never used the two part , I live in the U.K. so
maybe the acetone is more available here , liberon do a precleaner to
remove oil and wax I will check this out , Thank you once again for
your help Paul