Posted to rec.woodworking
eAlexandria eAlexandria is offline

Default Bleaching

On 22 Jan 2007 16:19:03 -0800, "Andy Dingley "
wrote:

eAlexandria wrote:

try solvent such as benzene

Fortunately Paul is unliekly to be able to get hold of any, and anyone
who can get hold of it knows that it's not a good idea to be splashing
it around quite so carelessly, especially not in a kitchen!

As I said follow the safety directions. I have a bunch of it still
from old days gone by. And I would not expect anyone to SPLASH it at
all.

I should have said a solvent like benzene or acetone. "Odorless"
Mineral spirits would work as well, at least until the EPA outlaws
even that! Just need a lot of ventilation whatever you use. Obviously
you don't use the kitchen while you're doing all this.

Half of the chemicals that were banned from sale to the public
are safe enough to use, though getting rid of it afterwards has caused
a few problems. Does any one out there know of a safe solvent? I
haven't tried any of the citrus stuff that's out there. Feedback??